Singer/songwriter Kerri Medders is gearing up to release her WHO R U EP this spring, and she couldn't be more excited to share her songs with the world. To celebrate, we asked the star to take our exclusive TWIST's 20 Questions survey. See how she answered our favorite questions below!
1. What's your earliest makeup memory?
When I was 6 I used to have a playhouse and I would get all the Hannah Montana and Justice play makeup and have dress up parties.
2. How old were you when you got your very first pair of high heels?
Hm I don’t remember my exact age but I always went into my sister’s closet and tried on her high heels. I pretended they were mine and would have mini fashion shows.
3. What are three products you can't live without?
Anastasia Beverly Hills' "Modern Renaissance" palette, Vaseline lip therapy (I can’t stand having chapped lips), and my Moleskine journal.
4. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction or embarrassing fashion blunder?
Yes! It’s my most embarrassing moment… I was celebrating my 17th birthday and I was wearing a jumpsuit that was super tight up in the top area. Well at dinner I sat down and I took a deep breath and my top popped off and there was no way I could fix it cause at the same time the waiters brought me a happy birthday cake and started singing happy birthday while half the dining room was looking at me while I’m holding up my top.
5. What is something readers would be surprised to learn is in your purse?
I have a little pouch of supplies of tape, scissors, extra polaroid film, and my Polaroid. I also have a little tiny journal for my collection of ideas and events throughout the day so when I sit down to write I don’t forget anything and I can paste things in my journal when I get a chance.
6. Who is your celeb fashion inspiration?
Dua Lipa is my fashion inspiration at the moment. She’s so gorgeous and confident in what she wears.
7. What's something you're most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
On my upcoming EP, I’ve really taken the reigns on what I wanted to create and how I wanted everything to be. I created the visuals for the photo shoots, the themes of the songs along with the title. It’s something I’m very proud of.
8. What would your childhood self be excited to hear about your life right now?
My childhood self would be excited to hear all the dreams I’ve dreamt up and how I’m turning them into realities with my music.
9. What's your favorite healthy snack?
10. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment that was SO cringeworthy at the time, but is now no big deal?
AHHH, you’re reminding me of #4 again.
11. What's your advice for dealing with cyber-bullies and mean comments online?
Honestly, don’t let them get to you. You have something that they want and that’s why they choose to be that way. Think of this way; there just fans in a different way.
12. If you could raid any celebrity's closet, who would you pick?
I would raid Beyoncé’s or Rihanna’s closet because to be honest, who wouldn’t want to do that if given an opportunity?
13. What's your favorite way to de-stress after a busy day?
I like to de-stress by sitting on the couch watching TV and eating snacks.
14. How would you describe your fashion philosophy?
Modern with a vintage flare. I always like to pull inspiration from other eras.
15. Which is your favorite Instagram account to follow?
16. What's a bad habit you'd like to break?
Procrastination on getting my school work done. It’s a really bad habit I have because I wait last minute on assignments... I’m too busy writing music or searching Youtube.
17. Which of your friends or family members gives the best advice?
“Moms always know best.”
18. If you could invite any famous person of past or present to your next birthday party, who would it be?
I would like Elvis Presley to come to my next birthday party because we could celebrate our birthdays together (his is the 8th) and go sing some karaoke.
19. What's your go-to motivational mantra of words to live by?
“Everything happens for a reason.”
20. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given in your career?
More recently I’ve gotten “fall in love with the process of it, not the end.” Meaning fall in love with the struggles and the creativeness you have along the way and not just the end goal.