Do you know and love Jess Conte best from her YouTube channel? Well now, not only is the star recently married to cutie Gabriel Conte, but the couple is also making new music together! How exciting is that? To celebrate all the big things Jess has ahead, TWIST challenged her to answer as many exclusive Qs as she can from our TWIST's 20 Questions segment. See how she did below!
1. What's your earliest makeup memory?
My first makeup memory would be from when I was 8 years old. I remember being at a sleepover with my best friend and we decided to put makeup on each other and give each other makeovers. Half an hour later, we came out with way too much pink eyeshadow and blush on!
2. How old were you when you got your very first pair of high heels?
3. What are three products you can't live without?
Hmm, that's definitely a tricky question! Three products I can't live without would probably be mascara, Chapstick and Micellar Water.
4. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction or embarrassing fashion blunder?
5. What is something readers would be surprised to learn is in your purse?
I love taking my planner everywhere I go. I'm a little obsessed actually. Ha!
6. Who is your celeb fashion inspiration?
I wouldn't say that I really look to any one celeb for fashion inspiration; I think I get inspiration off a lot of different people, but I do love Selena Gomez's style! She always looks simple, chic and comfortable.
7. What's something you're most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
I'm really proud of how my confidence has progressed over the years. I remember a time where I wouldn't sing for anybody – whether it was a family member or a uploading a video online – I was too scared to make a mistake or sound bad. Overcoming that fear and becoming more confident in my voice – not thinking twice about uploading something to the internet for anyone to hear – is a huge milestone for me. Now I love singing 24/7 – and my husband and I have released our first ever EP, "Under the Covers" on iTunes which has been such an exciting journey.
8. What would your childhood self be excited to hear about your life right now?
My childhood self would not believe it if someone told her that I released music that had such an amazing response and being on the charts among such amazing names! And that I'm married to an American. Haha! That was always something I dreamt of!
9. What's your favorite healthy snack?
Recently I have been obsessed with Acai bowls. Yum! I have them nearly every day. They’re so healthy too, which is a plus.
10. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment that was SO cringeworthy at the time, but is now no big deal?
11. What's your advice for dealing with cyber-bullies and mean comments online?
The best piece of advice I have been given is: "If you don't know them personally, don't take it personal.”
12. If you could raid any celebrity's closet, who would you pick?
I'd love to raid Kylie Jenner's, - simply for her huge shoe closest. Haha! I also think she has great style all around.
13. What's your favorite way to de-stress after a busy day?
I love sitting at my piano and singing for hours, I could never get sick of it. But I also just love getting into "comfy clothes,” cuddling and watching a really good TV show with my husband, Gabriel.
14. How would you describe your fashion philosophy?
15. Which is your favorite Instagram account to follow?
Honestly, I love to stalk dog Instagram accounts! I could spend hours watching videos and scrolling through their different Instagrams. Haha!
16. What's a bad habit you'd like to break?
17. Which of your friends or family members gives the best advice?
Probably my older sister, Sarah. She's very real and I go to her about everything. I think it's because a lot of what I go to her about she has already gone through (being 2 years older than me) so she already has experience in it and provides the best advice :)
18. If you could invite any famous person of past or present to your next birthday party, who would it be?
I'd love to invite someone who would just make everybody laugh! Probably someone like Steve Carell or Rebel Wilson.
19. What's your go-to motivational mantra of words to live by?
It's very simple, but it's words to live by: "Be kind or be quiet.”
20. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given in your career?
One of my favorite quotes that relates to my career is "don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle.” I find that I am still relatively new to this world and career and that I'm still learning a lot, and that was definitely something I would always do/think without even realizing. Now that quote is always in the back of my mind, and it helps a lot to put things into perspective!