If you've been keeping a close eye on our Facebook page, you likely noticed that we just premiered pop singer Mags Duval's 3-part music video for her new single "Cinnamon Gum" this week. So you can get to know the artist even better, we asked her to try her hand at taking TWIST's 20 Questions survey – and you can check it out below along with her videos!
1. What's your earliest makeup memory?
I remember trying to be edgy and wear eyeliner to a dance at summer camp haha I went way overboard and ended up looking more like a raccoon.
2. How old were you when you got your very first pair of high heels?
Well, I'm five feet tall and stopped growing in the fifth grade, so heels are my friend. I probably got my first pair freshman year of high school.
3. What are three products you can't live without?
Red lipstick, liquid eyeliner and mascara!
4. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction or embarrassing fashion blunder?
Oh my gosh, yes. I was wearing a skirt at the airport and it got caught on my backpack, so I practically flashed everyone at my terminal! SO embarrassing haha. I usually travel in pants of some sort nowadays.
5. What is something readers would be surprised to learn is in your purse?
Bedazzled pepper-spray! I've never had to use it (fingers crossed).
6. Who is your celeb fashion inspiration?
Lily Collins! I love literally everything she wears.
7. What's something you're most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
I worked through summers to graduate high school when I was sixteen so I could get a jumpstart on my career. It took a lot of hard work and focus, but was so beneficial for me in the end.
8. What would your childhood self be excited to hear about your life right now?
She would probably think it was a dream, honestly! I've been singing and writing songs since I was a kid, so it still feels very surreal that I get to do that now as a career.
9. What's your favorite healthy snack?
10. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment that was SO cringeworthy at the time, but is now no big deal?
Haha yes! I've got quite a few, but the first one that comes to mind is when I was twelve - I was in my tree house with this neighbor boy I had a crush on... I think he was about to kiss me (it would've been my first kiss) but I stepped backwards and fell out of the treehouse!
11. What's your advice for dealing with cyber-bullies and mean comments online?
The only people’s opinions that should matter to you are the ones who genuinely love you and want what's best for you. Random haters don't deserve to criticize you or make you feel small. It’s hard not to dwell on negative comments, but when you do that, you're giving them exactly what they want.
12. If you could raid any celebrity's closet, who would you pick?
Once again, probably Lily Collins!
13. What's your favorite way to de-stress after a busy day?
Taking a bubble bath while listening to Billie Holiday!
14. How would you describe your fashion philosophy?
There is no such thing as being overdressed!
15. Which is your favorite Instagram account to follow?
There’s this account just called “@paris” and they post the dreamiest photos of Paris...I've always dreamed of exploring that magical city!
16. What's a bad habit you'd like to break?
I drink way too much coffee. I've gone through phases of trying to break it, but I'm just happiest when I'm caffeinated!
17. Which of your friends or family members gives the best advice?
My mom, hands-down. We’re best friends, she knows me better than I know myself, and she's super honest, which is one of the countless things I really appreciate about her.
18. If you could invite any famous person of past or present to your next birthday party, who would it be?
F. Scott Fitzgerald! He’s my favorite author of all time.
19. What's your go-to motivational mantra of words to live by?
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. My great-grandmother used to tell me to repeat that to myself when I was a kid.
20. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given in your career?
Stay true to yourself. It sounds cliché, but it's so important. People will definitely try to change you and give you their opinions on who they think you should be, but you have to know who you are.