After many unsuccessful attempts at recreating the star's super-cool braid, we decided to get some expert help from Bumble and Bumble hair stylist Mischa G. Below Mischa breaks down how you can copy Selena's 'do come prom night:
- Take a small 'bang' section at the front of the head
- Add a little hair powder or dry texture product (Bb. sells a great one for every hair color) to give the hair grip
- Comb back the section, smooth the front down, and then pin the hair into a small bouffant using two bobby pins
- Using a flat brush smooth the sides of the hair back and secure into 5 or 6 ponytails down the middle of the head depending on the amount of hair using small elastics
- Spray with hair spray (We love Bb.'s Spray de Mode!) and smooth over to get a shiny finish
- Starting at the base of the bouffant with the first ponytail, braid the hair loosely down incorporating the hair from each ponytail as you travel down the back of the head
- Continue braiding until your reach the end of the hair and secure ends with elastics
- Use your hair powder or dry texture product to roughen and loosen up the braid texture
- 'Hide' the ponytails along the middle of the head by pinning the braid down over with hair pins
- If all else fails, Mischa says, "Hair supply stores sell fake braids!" Noted.
Are you going to try Selena's braided hairstyle? Let us know in the comments!
Photos courtesy of Splash.