Singer April Kry recently released her new single "While We're Young" and is gearing up for her upcoming EP release. We know that April's tracks will be on loop on your summer playlists, so in order to get to know the artist better, we asked her to take our exclusive TWIST's 20 Questions survey. See how she answered our favorite questions below!
1. What's your earliest makeup memory?
I was around 6 or 7 and my mom put makeup on my sister and I and dressed us up for a styled picture! I've been in love with makeup ever since.
2. How old were you when you got your very first pair of high heels?
This is a wild guess, but probably around 13.
3. What are three products you can't live without?
SUN Sunless tanner, Not Your Mother's dry shampoo, and Burt's Bees chapstick!
Let's hear it for the girls. #internationalwomensday A post shared by A P R I L :: K R Y (@aprilkrymusic) on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:41am PST
Let's hear it for the girls. #internationalwomensday
A post shared by A P R I L :: K R Y (@aprilkrymusic) on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:41am PST
4. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction or embarrassing fashion blunder?
Thankfully no. I do, however, look back at some photos from performances and cringe at my outfit choices!! haha
5. What is something readers would be surprised to learn is in your purse?
Dog treats! I always carry extra for my dog, Pepper, and any dog I want to become BFFs with while I'm out!
6. Who is your celeb fashion inspiration?
I absolutely love Jessie James Decker's style. She's girly, classy and fun!
7. What's something you're most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
Staying the course and not giving up when it got hard.
8. What would your childhood self be excited to hear about your life right now?
I don't think my childhood self would ever believe that I'd collaborate with Nick Jonas and sing a song he co-write, or sing back up vocals for Enya on Live with Regis and Kelly. Sometimes I have to take a step back and really take everything in. I'm super thankful!
9. What's your favorite healthy snack?
SNAP PEA CRISPS. I actually don't even know how healthy they are for you but I can eat an entire bag of them in one sitting. Probably not the best idea if you're on a health kick.
10. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment that was SO cringeworthy at the time, but is now no big deal?
One time I was in rehearsal for this high school summer play. I had to belt a high F in a song, which for the non-singers or musical people- that's SUPER high to belt, so i decided not to eat anything before rehearsal and I go to belt out the note and I literally fainted in front of everyone. Super embarrassing in the moment, but now I just look back at it and laugh!
11. What's your advice for dealing with cyber-bullies and mean comments online?
I used to get bothered by mean comments by people online, but now I just brush it off. They have nothing better to do with their lives than to make others feel bad about themselves and I usually don't like to give them my time. Once in a while I'll call someone out and say, "that was extremely uncalled for, and why would you say something like that?" Just to get them thinking about their actions.
12. If you could raid any celebrity's closet, who would you pick?
Probably Jennifer Aniston. She always looks so classy and put together!!
#FBF a little #bts from my last visit with @radiodisneycountry 😍❤ A post shared by A P R I L :: K R Y (@aprilkrymusic) on Feb 3, 2017 at 3:14pm PST
#FBF a little #bts from my last visit with @radiodisneycountry 😍❤
A post shared by A P R I L :: K R Y (@aprilkrymusic) on Feb 3, 2017 at 3:14pm PST
13. What's your favorite way to de-stress after a busy day?
[Listening to] my record player equals my perfect night.
14. How would you describe your fashion philosophy?
"Lace and leather go together like birds of a feather." (I totally just made that up on the spot) I do love mixing girly and edgy, though. I would definitely say that's my style.
15. Which is your favorite Instagram account to follow?
16. What's a bad habit you'd like to break?
I'm very fidgety, like I will always tap my foot or leg if I'm waiting on something. I can never just sit still!!
17. Which of your friends or family members gives the best advice?
My dad always ends up giving me some life changing advice whenever I call him. I'm always like, "wow, I never thought about it that way!!"
Rise and shine ✨ #WhileWereYoung A post shared by A P R I L :: K R Y (@aprilkrymusic) on Apr 10, 2017 at 9:21am PDT
Rise and shine ✨ #WhileWereYoung
A post shared by A P R I L :: K R Y (@aprilkrymusic) on Apr 10, 2017 at 9:21am PDT
18. If you could invite any famous person of past or present to your next birthday party, who would it be?
WOAH, thats a good one. I feel like Michael Jackson would be a good choice. He'd definitely liven my party up!
19. What's your go-to motivational mantra of words to live by?
"Do justly, love mercy and walk humbly."
20. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given in your career?
"No one is going to work harder for yourself than you are."
Kerri Medders's 20 Questions Survey
Jess Conte Answers TWIST's 20 Questions
Maisy Kay's 20 Questions Survey